I love chocolate milkshakes. I can’t say that enough. My love for chocolate milkshakes is also the reason I am very particular about them. There are lots of good chocolate milkshakes out there and I have enjoyed many. But there is always that something that I missed. A little bit of crunch, coffee flavor, brownies? This milkshake fulfills all of them. All of us have a version we like. Well, this is mine. I wanted something that can be made quick and that’s how this chocolate milkshake with cocoa puffs recipe came to be.
100% of the credit goes to my spouse for finding this recipe and making it for me. Every time I ordered a milkshake, I’d say to him “May be it could have a bit darker”, “How about some more crunch”. After hearing me say these things all the time, he wanted to make it for me and voila – he made it for me. Though I am the cook between the two of us, his effort to make me the best chocolate milkshake with cocoa puffs makes this even more special. I love it and I hope you will too.
The first time, we made this, we made this without the coffee powder. Though it tasted good, adding a teaspoon of coffee powder gives this milkshake a kick and that is only way I like it now. The taste also reminds me a little bit of the frappuccino drinks they sell at Starbucks. That might just be because I like the taste of coffee. With or without the coffee powder this milkshake won’t disappoint and it takes only 20 minutes to make.
Chocolate Milkshake With Cocoa Puffs
- 2/3 cup Cocoa puffs cereal
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons Instant coffee powder
- 4 scoops Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream
- Chocolate syrup for coating the glasses
- Take a bowl with 1 cup milk, add cocoa puffs cereal and instant coffee powder. Let it soak for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle the insides of two glasses with chocolate syrup to form swirls and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cereal milk mixture along with 4 scoops of ice cream into a bowl and and blend using a hand blender. Don't over blend. The milkshake should be a little chunky.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses lined with chocolate syrup and serve immediately.
- You can also top it with whipped cream and cereal.