This Eggless Chocolate fudge banana bread is super moist, gooey and made with whole wheat flour.
What do you do with overripe bananas sitting in your counter top? Yup, make some banana bread! What do you do when you have some over ripe bananas and also crave chocolate fudge? Make a chocolate banana bread.
Honestly, me and my husband are not fans of bananas. I like banana bread but S isn’t a fan of that either. About a month back, one of our friends brought some fruits when they visited us and there were two bananas in the mix. I didn’t want it to go to waste and even if I made banana bread, I wouldn’t be able to eat an entire loaf all by myself. One thing both of us have always agreed on is chocolate. I decided to add some cocoa powder and chocolate chips and voila..here is a chocolate banana bread that is fudgy and tender. My husband loved it.
White whole wheat flour is 100 percent whole grain similar to regular whole wheat flour. The difference is that they are made from different varieties of wheat.
What makes this banana bread fudgy? chocolate chips, so don’t skimp on them.
Espresso powder brings out a more intense chocolate flavor. One teaspoon should do the trick. You won’t be able to taste the espresso powder in the bread.
Sour cream makes the bread moist.
Like a classic banana bread, I added chopped walnuts but you can also add pecans or any other chopped nuts of your choice.
Why eggless? Some of my friends/relatives are vegetarians and even my dad is allergic to eggs. So I am always on the look out for egg free options that I can share.
Once you bake this, cool it to room temperature and refrigerate for about 30 minutes which will make it easier to cut. I removed the bread using the parchment paper and left it on a cooling rack for about an hour.
Storage: The bread should stay good in the fridge for about a week. Microwave for about fifteen seconds before eating.
You might also like:
Eggless Double Banana Chocolate Bread
- 1 cup White whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Espresso powder
- 1/4 cup Olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 3/4 cup Mashed bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Mini chocolate chips semi sweet/bitter
- 1/4 cup Walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with oil. Add a teaspoon of flour and spread it around base of parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together except chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Whisk oil, butter, brown sugar and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix using a spatula.
- Then fold in the mini chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared loaf pan and top with a tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean or with a few crumbs.