This oven roasted curried cauliflower recipe is a breeze to make on weekday nights as a side, appetizer or a taco filling.
I have never really liked cauliflower. Tolerated it? Yes, liked? No! Hmm…not completely true. I love battered and deep fried cauliflower but honestly everything taste good when deep fried. This curry roasted cauliflower changed that and now I truly enjoy eating them.
Cauliflower by itself does not have much flavor but that is what makes it adaptable. Though this is the recipe I follow, feel free to experiment with flavors of your choice. I like adding turmeric along with other spices to my roasted cauliflower as it has anti-inflammatory properties and also gives a nice yellow color. Cauliflower is also a nutritious vegetable that is low carb and high in fiber. Cutting the cauliflower evenly helps roasting evenly.
I usually eat this oven roasted curried cauliflower as a side with baked salmon but it also goes well as a snack and taco filling.
If you have developed a taste for roasted veggies like me, try this easy oven roasted medley potatoes next.
Oven Roasted Curried Cauliflower
- 3 cups Cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro leaves chopped for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Add the cauliflower florets into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add olive oil and all the seasonings and mix with a spoon.
- Add the seasoned cauliflower to a lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Top it with cilantro leaves and serve warm as a appetizer or a side.